I've read self help books, gone to lectures, watched inspiring videos & movies, listened to inspiring music... and where am I.
Not much further than when I started.

Is this the fault of what I've been reading, watching or listening or is it the fault of me?

I currently believe no self help advice or inspirational message is bad, it wholly relies on what works for you.

This is me figuring out what works for me... hopefully helping others along the way.

Sunday, October 14, 2012

You Can Heal Your Life - Louise Hay Chapter One

First up I will be writing out the affirmations given in the chapters so they are easily accessible to myself. Affirmations need to be repeated often for belief patterns to change, but it's not always possible to remember the many affirmations you can do or remember to do them when you are slipping back into bad thought patterns.

While I may be putting many of the affirmations directly from the book, do not consider that this is all you need... you always need to read a book yourself to get the most from it.

"Everyone is always helpful"
 In the infinity of life where I am,
all is perfect, whole, and complete.
I believe in a power far greater than I am
that flows through me every moment of every day.
I open myself to the wisdom within, knowing that there is only One Intelligence in this Universe.
Out of this One Intelligence comes all the answers,
all the solutions, all the healings, all the new creations.
I trust this Power and Intelligence,
knowing that whatever I need to know is revealed to me,
and that whatever I need comes to me
in the right time, space, and sequence.
All is well in my world

Chapter One - What I Believe...

After reading this chapter I have realised that I do not truly believe I am deserving of much at all. I seem to be always unsuccessful at any job I do, unable to lose weight, unable to start a relationship, unable to keep a good home. Why do I do this? I really don't know. Louise says that we get into thought patterns that could be dating right back to when we were children. However we should not blame others. Holding on to resentments only causes us problems, forgiveness will set us free.

I grew up with a wonderful mum and dad, however my dad did die when I was only 9 after an illness of 2 years. I have had experiences though of feeling not good enough. I was the youngest in the family and was not treated as an adult for years after I became one - mainly because I was always just the little sister. At 35 I still feel alienated from some of my older siblings because of this. There is a definite age gap, however I get along very well with many friends who are the same age.

"The Universe Totally Supports Us in Every Thought We Choose to Think and Believe"
This is a very interesting thought. How else could it be that I never seem to get anywhere? I'm not stupid, I'm a nice, caring person. I should be successful in all my endeavours. I also need to remember:
"No person, no place, and no thing has any power over us, for "we" are the only thinkers in our mind".

I find it fascinating Louise's belief that we choose our parents based on what we need to learn or accomplish in this life. I love this belief and have adopted it as my own. It gives me great comfort to know that I have chosen this, so I should not waste the reason I am here... the time to work on my life's lesson is now.

The main issue is that like many I believe that I am not good enough... so it's not surprise that the universe will support me in this belief.  I also feel guilt, sadness, frustration, resentment and anger.

Many different things to look at.. the first steps are to love myself, forgive others for their actions:

"I forgive you for not being the way I wanted you to be. I forgive you and I set you free."

Also I need to approve of myself exactly as I am. Not how I think I should be by next year. Love myself for all that I am right now.

Do not blame others for how we have been or things in the past, I have the power to change my life myself, and do not blame or criticize myself.

I Can Do It.

No comments:

Post a Comment