I've read self help books, gone to lectures, watched inspiring videos & movies, listened to inspiring music... and where am I.
Not much further than when I started.

Is this the fault of what I've been reading, watching or listening or is it the fault of me?

I currently believe no self help advice or inspirational message is bad, it wholly relies on what works for you.

This is me figuring out what works for me... hopefully helping others along the way.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Going by the seat of my pants...

Reading Karen Kingston...  I feel I can't move on at all to anything good while my house is still such a wreck! She is completely right in describing the feeling of clutter as sticky. It's depressing, embarrasing and completely sucks the energy right out of me. There are so many books and websites that give you tips on how to declutter over time, and I have tried many... but they didn't work for the type of life I currently have. How are you supposed to do a small box an evening when you quite often don't have energy for the normal household chores???



So Saturday I'm going to do the exact opposite of what everyone tells me to do, something that has met with varying degrees of success in the past. I am going to do a complete household declutter! The kids will be at their dads so I can set up my whole living room as a sorting station and finally get rid of all that rubbish that is holding me down and causing me immeasurable issues from a feng shui point of view. I do know my mess room (basically where I throw everything when I have guests and have to clear up the main portion of my house) is right where my financial prosperity corner is! How stupid is that???

I feel if I don't get off my but and do this now, I won't be able to clear my head sufficiently to figure out my next step before I leave my job on the 22nd June!

So I may just manage to complete something amazing or I may crash and burn and be one more of those stories where people say "you shouldn't have tried it all at once". Well stuff that latter one. I'm starting to realise I need to be an all at once kind of gal otherwise things just don't get done because of distractions, tiredness or because I become chicken!

No one need cross their fingers for me, I've got this one in the bag (excuse the pun).

No comments:

Post a Comment